1. Destroy the picture in your head of how you think its all supposed to be.
That picture is an illusion. Listen to me, there is no such thing as the best.
There is no such thing as a right way to live, it's an ideal. You have to execute
the model of utopia that you have created in your mind, because how do you
expect yourself to live up to an imagined place where everything is perfect?
You do not want to set yourself up for failure. There is not a right way to live
& there will never be a right way to live. Once you destroy that illusion of the
perfect way to live, you will be much happier.
2. You were born with the ability to say 'yes' to things, which means you were
also born with the ability to say 'no'. Remind yourself this.
3. There will be times when nothing about yourself makes sense. We're all strangers
to ourselves. There are times when it is okay to question everything about our life
because we are constantly changing. Instead of letting these times breed into loneliness,
give yourself the ability to let these times provide you with strength.
4. It will always be okay to love yourself, never let anyone tell you differently.
5. Just because other people may have it worse, doesn't mean your problems are not
valid. You are allowed to be upset, never let anyone tell you otherwise.
6. You are not weird, I promise.
7. People might tell you your love for cars or for a celebrity or for a certain song is
a phase. They will probably be right. But it is important to find the things that bring
you joy & to become enthusiast about everything you love. If you are interested in
something, love with everything you have. Love things passionately & wholeheartedly.
Don't compromise your love for something because of what other people say. If it makes
you happy, embrace it with open arms.
8. There's no such thing as a good side. You will find someone that doesn't want clean cut,
someone that wants the misfits such as the bad tattoos, regretful smiles, tattered shoes &
fading blue hair. Someone who wants the sick & twisted backstories; the bloody hangnail,
the extra shot of tequila & the dirty guitar pounding out if a back alley club; the broken
hearts, the lives going nowhere & the lost eyes. People are full of imperfections which
end up turning into such interesting photographs.
9. When people sense that they are being heard, they will always give you something
worth hearing. Anytime you talk to anyone about something that they love, they're
their most beautiful. Never put someone down while they're telling you about something
they love. It's a really cool gift to get to talk to people about that.
10. I want you to choose someone that fills you with light. Be with someone that makes
you laugh. Be with someone who falls in love with the way your nose is a little crooked
at the end. I hope that in your lover's arms you feel safe, you feel at home. One day,
you will be with someone who will reminds you that home is not a place, but that home
is a feeling. Most importantly, I hope that your first love is yourself.
Till then, stay gold!