This topic of friendship is such an important one to think about
because when you enjoy greater friendships, you truly enjoy a happier life.
Friends should bring you joy, love & laughter. Not stress, drama & anxiety.
1. Surround yourself with cheerleaders, not fear leaders!
True friends motivate & support you. They let you know they believe in you.
2. Love this who will love you when you have nothing to offer but your own company.
3. Appreciate those who are happy for your happiness & sad for your sadness.
These are people to truly treasure.
4. Value those who are there for you, no matter what! True friends have been with
you through the worst & still think you're the best. If you want to find out who your
true friends are, screw up & then see who's still around.
5. True friends "get you" at a soul level then make your soul feel happily caffeinated.
6. True friends make you feel safe to think out loud in front of them.
7. Value friends who speak truthfully to you & are up for engaging in "courageous
dialogues" about what's on their mind & their heart. There's a famous expression:
"A friend is someone who stabs in the front". In other words: Honestly is better than
sugar coated bullshit.
8.Words are who someone wants to be, actions are who they truly are.
9. Everything in this universe is energy. Trust the energy you feel around a person.
This energy lets you know a lot of information about them, listen up!
10. Together, you assorted friends should be varied & well rounded with an emphasis
on quality not quantity. You don't need certain amount of friends. You just need friends
you can be certain about.
11. Keep in mind Jim Rohn's belief that eventually you become the merging of the 5 people
you spend the most time hangout with. Choose your top 5 friends wisely.
12. You can't change the people around you but you can change the people you choose
to be around.
13. Everyone hears what you say, friends listen to what you say. Truly good friends
listen to what you don't say.
14. Keep in mind that none of us are perfect. We all make mistakes. What's essential is
surrounding yourself with people who value learning & growing. A John Green said:
"I don't know any perfect people. Just really, really flawed people who are still worth loving."
15. While it's good to give people who mess up a chance to make things right, remember it
should be more like 3 strikes & you're out. Not 976321 strikes & you're out! At a certain point
it's essential/self-loving to move on. You have to ignore people who do crappy things to you.
You got to forget about people who have forgotten about you. Basically, stop stressing about
people who don't deserve room in your heart. Do what you can to let go & forgive them.
All of your them's! The more them's you can forgive, the better you'll feel. Yes, it's very
possible & very okay to forgive someone & still not want to spend time with them.
16. No friendship or relationship is ever a waste of time. If if doesn't give you what you
want or need, it reminds you of what you don't want or don't need.
17. Do no harm, but take no shit.
18. Kind people are the best kinda people. Seek kind people, be kind people. Become aware
of how you make people feel when they're around you. Focus in bringing people peace, love,
support & inspiration.
19. Let the friends you love know it. Say it in your own way, you'll brighten their day & grow
how close you feel. Life is short, love largely.
20. Keep in mind that it took you years to learn how to love yourself. If they don't like you,
you don't have to waste that kind of time to convince someone else to love or stay with you.
Till then, stay gold!