Ever since I started posting 'Tips' on my blog, I've been getting good
feedback from my lovely readers. Some wants more & some didn't
quite enjoy the read. However, my intention for the tips are to help
others. We knew the answer to make ourselves better but we often
forget. I hope my blog posts on all these tips are helpful to teens &
young adult. Here's Twenty things I've learned before I turned twenty.
1) Always carry $5 & a lighter with you (even if you don't smoke).
2) Ask every person you meet how their day is going. Genuinely ask
with the intention of learning how their day is. Ask the coffee
shop employee, ask the person next to you in the line at Aeon, ask your
distant friends. Ask everyone!
3) Take many photos of yourself. Take photos of yourself when you're
happy, take photos of yourself when you're sad, take photos of yourself
because there are millions of trees in the world & we all look at the same
sky but there is only one of you.
4) Stay in contact with your parents. Try not to hate them, they are the reason
you have the ability to feel anything at all.
5) Opening your skin will not set your demons free. Open your heart, open
your mind & open your hands.
6) Nobody knows anybody completely. That's okay.
7) Be gentle, but be aggressive. Take a stand, nobody hears your voice if you
8) Respect everybody. We are all humans trying to survive, we all deserve respect.
9) Wearing black will always make you feel better about yourself.
10) Always give tips, whether it be a couple extra dollars or a piece of mind. You
will never know how much you could be helping someone.
11) Change is the only thing consistent in life. Do not allow that to bother you, embrace
chance & move with life. Which ever direction it chooses to take you.
12) Smile often. Smile at strangers, smile at your friends, smile when nobody is looking
& you're alone in your bedroom. Smile when somebody is rambling to you.
13) Body image means nothing. Your body is merely just a seatbelt in the car. Your
body is here to protect you, you choose the direction you go & your body will not
hold you back. Only you can hold yourself back.
14) Don't hold grudges. Don't allow yourself to stay mad at anybody. Forgive them
& forget them. Learn to love them for the person you never got to see them to be.
Believe that a beautiful human exists in that person. Wish them well.
15) Drink orange juice, lots of it.
16) Don't allow the opinions of others to choose your destiny. We are all simply trying
to live our own life.
17) Sing all the time. Sing off key, sing in a silly voice, sing like you're on stage.
Sing no matter who is around because singing is breathing for the soul.
18) Take time to think. Write your feelings down, write letters to the people you love.
Texting is overrated & not as heartfelt as a nice handwritten letter.
19) Live for yourself. Breathe for yourself, do everything in your life for nobody but you.
This is your life, this is it.
20) People will walk in & out of our life. No matter how much you love them, It's okay.
Wish them the best. Maybe they weren't' meant to be in your life, just maybe you
deserve better or they deserve better. There wouldn't be rainbow without rainy days.
Good things fall a part so that greater things could be build.