It is true, I've been away from social network. I've noticed how internet
stresses me out at times & therefore I haven't been updating on any social
media. Not to forget that I've been away from my iPhone, I feel so much
better. However, I'm trying to be more okay & accept myself. Now & then
I'm growing, I'm learning to be a better person but it is hard because 'They've
promised that dreams can come true & forgot to mention that nightmare are
dreams too.' - Oscar Wilde. Everyone somehow face low-self esteem & here's
some tips for you to begin with.
1) Cut your hair every now & then. Fresh starts are always nicer than you think.
Who needs split ends anyways.
2) Pick some songs you really like. Listen to your favourite songs, make a playlist.
It would brighten up your mood as it helps to release tension & stress. Dance around
your room, beat the song lifeless till it annoys the hell out of you. Then pick a new song
& go through the same process. We all nee to really hear music, we need to understand
what the song we are listening to is really about.
3) Paint your toes black, make it as perfect as possible. Then, scratch it off. Remember
that nothing is permanent.
4) Go on a run with your dog or just by yourself. Try to race your dog. Realise that
you can out run many things. Then go back & pet your dog, realize that some things
you need to go back for.
5) Decorate a plain wall. Go on stick diamonds, stickers, lace, ribbon, newspaper
& magazine clipping. Anything else that may fancy you. Remember, you don't have
to be the same person you were a minute go & you could repaint the wall once it
is full. It is just like a restart button.
6) Buy some pretty lights & string them up in your room. Turn off all the lights except
for one when you go to bed. Remember it isn't always dark & lonely. Change your
7) Lay outside one night. Breathe in, breathe out. Accept that you are only one person
& you can't do everything at one time. You can take your time. The creator of the stars
you're looking up at did not do it all in one day. Pace yourself!
8) Get up every morning & stand in front of the mirror. Naked, fully clothes, backwards,
upside down, who cares how, just do it! Observe yourself. Notice the wrinkles under your
eyes from laughing a lot. Count your freckles, admire your ass, admire your hair. Then
name 3 things you love about yourself because you need to love yourself before others
could love you.
Till then, stay gold!